About Me

My photo
dublin, Ireland
DIRECT ALL ABUSE, PRAISE AND GENERAL ENQUIRIES HERE: braintumoursforbreakfast@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thirty Days of Music- Part V

Until the age of seventeen, I had never had a proper best friend. I don’t know why, but I never seem to be able to stick to people very easily.* It may be because I like my own company too much, it may be because I’m the sort of person who can fall violently in love with a person and out of love again in a week.** But I found one, by accident, at a bus stop on a night I wasn’t even supposed to be out. It felt very kismet, and exciting. I was thoroughly enamoured with my best friend. Not only was she beautiful and intelligent and creative, she was interesting. I don’t find many people interesting; I set my standards far too high because I want to live my life like it’s the screenplay of the most fantastical film. But I found my best friend interesting, because she was one of the few people I’d ever found that I could hold a conversation with, that held me. And I think she wanted to live her life like it was the screenplay of the most fantastical film too.



Day five is a song that reminds you of someone.

Interpol- Say Hello to the Angels


Every time I listen to the line “your hair is so pretty and red/ baby, baby you’re really the best”, it evokes wonderful memories of dancing, getting thrown out of botanical gardens, cherry cigarettes, Old English cider, long lunches, finding old furniture, falling off walls, mix tapes. I don’t particularly like Interpol, but I liked having a best friend, and I will always love this song.







* Psychoanalyze THAT!


1 comment:

  1. am i meant to be psychoanalysing the fact that you never footnoted yr second footnote??

    cos...if i knew how the hell to pyschoanalyse things, i would be.

    xx

    ReplyDelete